Welcome to my site!

Welcome to my site!
I'm Cindy, and I love to cook! And, I love to eat... hence the size of my rear end! I come from a long line of cooks. My great great Grandmother was a cook in the original Harvey Houses. My grandmother Julia was an awesome cook, and my mom was incredible. I owe my skills to these great women. Especially my Mom who said this to me about making gravy... "Cindy Lynn, wallpaper paste is wallpaper paste & gravy is gravy. Never the two shall meet!" Shall we say my first experience at making gravy left a little bit to be desired! Thank the high heavens my cooking skills have improved since then! Enjoy!

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Easy No Bake Peanut Butter Bars

This is a wonderful Pinterest find.  I didn’t change A THING!  Shocker – I know.  If you’re looking for a super easy and quick yummy treat – and you like Peanut Butter and Chocolate…. Then look no further.  You’re welcome!
 
Ingredients:
 
1 cup butter melted
2 cups graham cracker crumbs (use the boxed kind, or grind them in a food processor into tiny granules.)
2 cups powdered sugar
1 cup + 4 tablespoons peanut butter
1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
 
Directions:
 
In a medium bowl, mix together the melted butter, graham cracker crumbs, confectioners’ sugar, and 1 cup peanut butter until well blended. Press evenly into the bottom of an ungreased 9×13 inch pan. (I did mine in a 7” x 11” square pan because I wanted them thicker.) 
 
In the microwave, melt the chocolate chips with the 4 tablespoons of peanut butter, stirring every 30 seconds until melted and smooth. Spread over the peanut butter layer.
 
Refrigerate for at least one hour before cutting into squares.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive