Thai Peanut Chicken with Jasmine Rice


I very much enjoy Thai food.  And I’m a sucker for Thai Peanut Sauce.  I found this recipe online to make in the crockpot.  However, on this particular day I didn’t plan accordingly and didn’t leave enough time to use the crockpot.  So, I adjusted the process and prepared it on the stovetop. The results were a deliciously sweet (from the peanut butter and coconut milk) and tart (from the fresh lime juice) flavor explosion.  The dish was perfection, served over perfectly steamed jasmine rice.

Ingredients:


1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs - cut into 1” pieces

Olive or Vegetable oil

1/2 cup creamy peanut butter

1/4 cup soy sauce (use low-sodium if preferred)

1/4 cup coconut milk

2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup

1 tablespoon rice vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)

2 cloves garlic, minced

1 tablespoon ginger, grated

1/4 teaspoon chili flakes (optional, for a bit of heat)

1 - 2 lime(s), juiced

Salt and black pepper, to taste

Fresh cilantro, chopped, for garnish

Crushed peanuts, for garnish

Directions


Prepare the Sauce: In a mixing bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, soy sauce, coconut milk, honey, rice vinegar, garlic, ginger, chili flakes, and lime juice until smooth.  Set aside.


Drizzle oil into a non-stick pan over medium-high heat.  Add the chicken and cook until no pink is showing and the chicken is slightly browned. (approximately 20 minutes)

Add the peanut sauce to the pan.  Bring to a simmer.  Lower heat and cover.  Cook for an additional 20 minutes to allow the flavors to combine and for the chicken to be tender.


Remove from heat.  Serve over cooked jasmine rice.  (Or, your preferred rice.) Garnish with fresh cilantro and crushed peanuts before serving. You can also serve with lime wedges for an added burst of fresh flavor.


Click HERE for printable recipe.

Comments

Popular Posts