Oh, these are delicious – and fairly easy to make. Your guests will be super impressed… and they are worthy of making even if you don’t have guests! This was my first time making twice baked potatoes, and I’m really pleased with how they turned out. Hope you like them too!
4 baking potatoes
1 head of garlic
4 Tbls. butter
1/3 cup of half & half
Lawry’s Seasoning Salt
½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
1. Wash & dry the potatoes. Pierce them several times with a fork; place on a baking sheet. Wrap the garlic in foil and place alongside the potatoes. Bake at 425 for 50 – 60 minutes, until the potatoes are tender and the garlic is browned and softened.
2. Let the potatoes and garlic cool until comfortable to handle – about 15 minutes.
3. Halve the potatoes lengthwise; scoop the pulp into a large bowl, leaving the skins intact. Add the butter to the warm potatoes to help it melt.
4. Cut the garlic head in half; squeeze out the pulp and add to the potato.
5. Add the half & half; stir and mash until the butter and half & half are mixed in, and the potatoes are a smooth consistency. Add seasoning salt to taste.
6. Spoon the potato mixture back into the skins; place back on the cookie sheet.
7. Sprinkle with the paprika and then the cheese. Sprinkle tops with a touch more paprika.
8. Place back in the oven at 400 for about 15 minutes – or until heated through.
Note: I made the potatoes through step 7 about 3 hours before my scheduled dinner time. I covered them with foil to keep them fresh. Popped them back in the oven at dinner time and they turned out golden, cheesy and delicious!