Welcome to my site!

Welcome to my site!
I'm Cindy, and I love to cook! And, I love to eat... hence the size of my rear end! I come from a long line of cooks. My great great Grandmother was a cook in the original Harvey Houses. My grandmother Julia was an awesome cook, and my mom was incredible. I owe my skills to these great women. Especially my Mom who said this to me about making gravy... "Cindy Lynn, wallpaper paste is wallpaper paste & gravy is gravy. Never the two shall meet!" Shall we say my first experience at making gravy left a little bit to be desired! Thank the high heavens my cooking skills have improved since then! Enjoy!

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Lime-Cilantro Pork Tacos

Made these the other night from one of the Cooking Light cookbooks. SO, yummy – and pretty much a healthy meal. The recipe calls for only 2 teaspoons of olive oil. I think when I drizzle the olive oil I probably use about that much – but if you want to be sure, you should measure it. The recipe also calls for using flour tortillas. I substituted corn. If you do use the flour tortillas and only 2 teaspoons oil, the calories per serving is 416. Enjoy! These are really savory and delicious!

Ingredients:

1 pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut into thin strips
¼ tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. black pepper
1 ½ cup thinly sliced white onion
1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
½ cup chicken broth
½ cup chopped tomato
Cilantro, chopped – 1 handful
Juice of 2 limes
Olive Oil
8 corn tortillas

Directions:

Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. Drizzle olive oil in pan. Add the pork and sauté about 5 minutes, until browned. Remove pork from pan, place in a bowl.

Add the onion and jalapeno to the pan, sauté 5 minutes until tender. Drizzle a little more olive oil if needed. Add broth, reduce heat, and simmer 1 minute – scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Stir in tomato and; simmer 2 minutes.

Return pork and juices to pan. Stir in cilantro & lime juice. Cook 1 minute; until pork is done.

Heat tortillas, split meat mixture up between them.

Yields 4 servings – 2 tacos per serving.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive