Welcome to my site!

Welcome to my site!
I'm Cindy, and I love to cook! And, I love to eat... hence the size of my rear end! I come from a long line of cooks. My great great Grandmother was a cook in the original Harvey Houses. My grandmother Julia was an awesome cook, and my mom was incredible. I owe my skills to these great women. Especially my Mom who said this to me about making gravy... "Cindy Lynn, wallpaper paste is wallpaper paste & gravy is gravy. Never the two shall meet!" Shall we say my first experience at making gravy left a little bit to be desired! Thank the high heavens my cooking skills have improved since then! Enjoy!

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Caprese with Burrata


Burrata is a fresh Italian cheese from the Puglia region.  It is made of a mozzarella shell and the insides contain cream and fresh mozzarella.  It should be served at room temperature.  I find it at Trader Joe’s and we absolutely love it.  Here’s a recipe for Caprese with Burrata Cheese and Balsamic Vinegar.  (Serve’s 2)

Ingredients:   

2 large tomatoes, sliced into three or four thick slices
2 balls of Burrata
Enough fresh Basil leaves to place at least one on each tomato slice
2 Tablespoons good quality aged Balsamic Vinegar (I am using an 18 year old balsamic which is quite syrupy.  If you are using a younger balsamic, you can heat it until it becomes more syrupy.)
Salt & Pepper

Directions:
Place tomato slices on two salad plates.  Sprinkle salt and pepper on each slice.

Place one or two basil leaves on each slice of tomato.

Place ball of Burrata in the middle on top of the tomato slices.

Drizzle 1 tablespoon of Balsamic over each salad.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive