Welcome to my site!

Welcome to my site!
I'm Cindy, and I love to cook! And, I love to eat... hence the size of my rear end! I come from a long line of cooks. My great great Grandmother was a cook in the original Harvey Houses. My grandmother Julia was an awesome cook, and my mom was incredible. I owe my skills to these great women. Especially my Mom who said this to me about making gravy... "Cindy Lynn, wallpaper paste is wallpaper paste & gravy is gravy. Never the two shall meet!" Shall we say my first experience at making gravy left a little bit to be desired! Thank the high heavens my cooking skills have improved since then! Enjoy!

Monday, January 7, 2013

Jean's Reuben Spirals

These were EASY and DELICIOUS.  Great little treat to serve at a cocktail party, or as appetizers prior to dinner.  This was another great find on Pinterest - I definitely AM becoming addicted to it.  Hope you enjoy these as much as we did.  The original recipe can be found at this website:
http://scrumpdillyicious.blogspot.com/2010/09/jeans-reuben-spiral-appetizers.html
I haven't altered the original recipe.

Ingredients:

1/2 package of frozen puff pastry, thawed
1/4 cup dijon mustard
3/4 cup shredded swiss cheese
6-8 slices of deli corned beef
1 egg, beaten
1/2 tsp caraway seeds, as garnish

Directions:

On a floured surface, roll puff pastry to a 12"x10" rectangle.

Spread 1/4 cup of Dijon mustard over the pastry and top with Swiss cheese, then corned beef. Cut crosswise in half, making 2 rectangles.

Roll up one rectangle from the short end, jelly roll fashion into a log shape and seal seam with water. Repeat with the other rectangle.

Freeze if desired by wrapping each roll in cling film. Then thaw at room temperature 30 minutes before needed. Cut each roll into 1/4"-3/8" slices, place cut side up, on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with caraway seeds.

Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes until golden brown. Jean likes them served with a martini!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive