Welcome to my site!

Welcome to my site!
I'm Cindy, and I love to cook! And, I love to eat... hence the size of my rear end! I come from a long line of cooks. My great great Grandmother was a cook in the original Harvey Houses. My grandmother Julia was an awesome cook, and my mom was incredible. I owe my skills to these great women. Especially my Mom who said this to me about making gravy... "Cindy Lynn, wallpaper paste is wallpaper paste & gravy is gravy. Never the two shall meet!" Shall we say my first experience at making gravy left a little bit to be desired! Thank the high heavens my cooking skills have improved since then! Enjoy!

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Tito's Tacos Copycat Salsa Recipe

No photo today.  I made this a few weeks ago and forgot to take a photo.  I was too busy stuffing my face with this delicious salsa!!!
 
Tito’s Taco’s is an institution in Culver City, where I grew up.  This is one of my favorite places for tacos, salsa and burrito’s.  Since I moved away I really miss their food – and I REALLY miss their salsa. 
 
I came across some copy-cat recipes on Pinterest the other day.  So, I decided to give it try.  I’ve put my own twist on it, as usual.  I’m not going to say this is a perfect copy-cat… but it’s pretty darned close.  And, even if you’ve never been to – or heard of – Tito’s, I think you’ll like this fresh salsa.
 
Ingredients:
 
8 -9 Roma tomatoes, cut into quarters
1/4 white onion
4 pickled jalapenos, sliced
Juice from the pickled jalapenos can, to taste (I used almost all of it)
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
Juice from one lime
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
 
Directions:
 
Put the tomatoes into a food processor and blend.  Add the remaining ingredients and blend until everything is chopped and the desired consistency.  Refrigerate overnight.  Enjoy!
 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive