Welcome to my site!

Welcome to my site!
I'm Cindy, and I love to cook! And, I love to eat... hence the size of my rear end! I come from a long line of cooks. My great great Grandmother was a cook in the original Harvey Houses. My grandmother Julia was an awesome cook, and my mom was incredible. I owe my skills to these great women. Especially my Mom who said this to me about making gravy... "Cindy Lynn, wallpaper paste is wallpaper paste & gravy is gravy. Never the two shall meet!" Shall we say my first experience at making gravy left a little bit to be desired! Thank the high heavens my cooking skills have improved since then! Enjoy!

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Baked French Dip Sandwiches

This was another Pinterest find – but I’ve made some minor adjustments.  We’ve had these sandwiches four or five times in the past month.  They’re a huge hit with all of us.  Easy and quick to make – but more importantly DELICIOUS! 
(Note:  the photo was taken the first time I made them.  Since that time, I’ve tweaked the recipe by making two layers with the roast beef and cheese – and I’ve switched to the crustier rolls.  Just keep forgetting to take a new picture!)
 
Ingredients:
 
4 Hoagie Rolls (I like the kind that are crusty on the outside and soft inside)
1 lb. medium rare roast beef, deli sliced
8 slices provolone cheese
Deli or Stoneground Mustard
 
1 pkg, Knorr Au Jus mix
1 can Beef Consummé
 
Directions:
 
Make the Au Jus first.  Follow the directions on the package.  When it’s complete add the can of Beef Consummé.  Bring to a simmer and set aside until the sandwiches are complete.
Turn the oven on to broil. 
 
Slice the rolls lengthwise.  Spread mustard on each half.
 
The roast beef will be divided evenly between the four sandwiches.  And, it’s placed on the sandwich in two separate layers in the following manner:
 
Layer some roast beef on the bottom half of the rolls.  Place under the broiler for 2 – 3 minutes to heat and just begin to sizzle.  Remove from the oven.
 
Tear the slices of provolone in half.  Place two halves on top of the roast beef.  Place another layer of roast beef on top of the cheese; top with two more halves of cheese.  Return to the broiler for another 2 – 3 minutes, just until the cheese begins to melt.  Remove from oven.
 
Place the other half of the roll on top.  Return to the oven for just about a minute.  You want to just warm the top half – be careful not to burn.
 
Cut the sandwich in half and serve with the Au Jus.
 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive