Welcome to my site!

Welcome to my site!
I'm Cindy, and I love to cook! And, I love to eat... hence the size of my rear end! I come from a long line of cooks. My great great Grandmother was a cook in the original Harvey Houses. My grandmother Julia was an awesome cook, and my mom was incredible. I owe my skills to these great women. Especially my Mom who said this to me about making gravy... "Cindy Lynn, wallpaper paste is wallpaper paste & gravy is gravy. Never the two shall meet!" Shall we say my first experience at making gravy left a little bit to be desired! Thank the high heavens my cooking skills have improved since then! Enjoy!

Sunday, July 22, 2018

Asparagus Bacon Spears


I don't remember where I saw these first - but I can tell you with certainty they are FABULOUS!  These delightful little treats are quick and easy to make and are sure to wow your guests!  The smokiness of the bacon combines perfectly with the freshness of the asparagus and flavors the puff pastry too.  It truly does illustrate that EVERYTHING is better with BACON.  Cheers!

Ingredients:

Asparagus Spears (depending upon how many you’re going to make.  One spear per wrap)
Slices of bacon – half as many slices as asparagus spears, i.e., 20 spears of asparagus – you’ll need 10 slices of bacon
1 sheet puff pastry – thawed and rolled out onto a floured surface
Salt & Pepper
Egg wash

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Wash, dry and trim the ends of the asparagus.

Using a pizza slicer, slice the puff pastry into long 1/2” strips – cutting on the longest side of the rectangle.  Should be able to get approximately 18 – 20 strips.

Cut the bacon in half lengthwise.  Twist/wrap one slice of bacon around the asparagus spear in a corkscrew spiral manner.  Next, wrap one slice of puff pastry around the spear of asparagus and bacon.

Place on baking sheet.  After all spears are completed, brush with egg wash.  Sprinkle salt and pepper over all.  Bake for approximately 18 minutes until they’re puffed and golden brown.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive