Welcome to my site!

Welcome to my site!
I'm Cindy, and I love to cook! And, I love to eat... hence the size of my rear end! I come from a long line of cooks. My great great Grandmother was a cook in the original Harvey Houses. My grandmother Julia was an awesome cook, and my mom was incredible. I owe my skills to these great women. Especially my Mom who said this to me about making gravy... "Cindy Lynn, wallpaper paste is wallpaper paste & gravy is gravy. Never the two shall meet!" Shall we say my first experience at making gravy left a little bit to be desired! Thank the high heavens my cooking skills have improved since then! Enjoy!

Saturday, August 1, 2015

Classic Wedge Salad

Summer is a great time of year to enjoy a classic steakhouse Wedge Salad with a delicious barbequed steak.  Actually, this salad is perfect any time of year!  And truthfully, this is the EASIEST salad you’ll ever assemble.
 
Ingredients:
 
1 head iceberg lettuce
4 strips of bacon, fried and crumbled
1 tomato de-seeded and diced
Handful of chopped candied walnuts (or pecans)
Bleu Cheese dressing (or Ranch)
 
Directions:
 
Peel off the outer layers of lettuce and cut the head into four wedges.  Arrange on a serving plate or individual plates.
 
Drizzle salad dressing over the wedges.  Scatter the tomatoes, walnuts and bacon over the top.
 
Serve and enjoy!
 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive