Well, it's famous in our family anyway! This my sons FAVORITE and I mean absolutely FAVORITE cake. In fact, it's just about the only cake he will eat. He requests it every year for his birthday, and even tries to get his Dad to request it on HIS birthday. It is pretty tasty, if I don't mind saying so myself!
1pkg lemon cake mix
1pkg instant lemon pudding
3/4 cup oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup water
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease cake pan. (I use a bundt pan. But, have prepared in a 9 x 13 pan as well.)
2. Place the cake ingredients into your mixer. Mix on cake setting for approximately two minutes. I watch the color of the mixture. When it turns a creamy yellow color, I know it's done.
3. Turn cake mixture into greased pan. Bake for 45 minutes. Test for doneness. (If you use a different type of pan, refer to baking directions on cake mix box.)
4. Let cool in bundt pan for about 15 minutes. Use a knife to release sides of center of cake. Turn out onto cake plate.
5. Pierce top of cake several times with a fork, or skewar. Pour glaze (recipe to follow) over top of cake.
I usually use about 1 pound of powdered sugar, and add just enough lemon juice to make a very thick glaze. Since you will be glazing the cake while it is still warm, if you make the glaze to runny, it will slide off the cake.