Welcome to my site!

Welcome to my site!
I'm Cindy, and I love to cook! And, I love to eat... hence the size of my rear end! I come from a long line of cooks. My great great Grandmother was a cook in the original Harvey Houses. My grandmother Julia was an awesome cook, and my mom was incredible. I owe my skills to these great women. Especially my Mom who said this to me about making gravy... "Cindy Lynn, wallpaper paste is wallpaper paste & gravy is gravy. Never the two shall meet!" Shall we say my first experience at making gravy left a little bit to be desired! Thank the high heavens my cooking skills have improved since then! Enjoy!

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Curried Chicken Salad

A friend brought some chicken salad to work recently. It was curried chicken salad. Sounded delicious - tasted delicious. So, that week I added a can of chicken to my grocery list. This is what I came up with. You can eat it as a sandwich, with crackers, or on a salad. I hope you enjoy!

Large can of chicken (12.5 oz)
2 celery ribs, finely diced
2 Tbls. white onion, finely diced
4 heaping teaspoons mayonnaise (silverware spoons, not measuring spoons)
2 tsp. curry powder
Salt & Pepper to taste

You could also add dried cranberries or raisins if you’d like.

Break the chicken apart with a fork; add the celery, onions and mayonnaise. Mix well.

Add the curry powder, salt and pepper; mix again.

Curry Chicken Salad on Foodista

Curried Chicken Salad

See Curried Chicken Salad on Key Ingredient.

2 comments:

Columbo said...

This was a great dish. I just loved it, can't say enough.

Justine said...

We also make a curried chicken salad but instead of celery (my arch nemesis of food), we added halved grapes for a sweet crunch

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive