Welcome to my site!

Welcome to my site!
I'm Cindy, and I love to cook! And, I love to eat... hence the size of my rear end! I come from a long line of cooks. My great great Grandmother was a cook in the original Harvey Houses. My grandmother Julia was an awesome cook, and my mom was incredible. I owe my skills to these great women. Especially my Mom who said this to me about making gravy... "Cindy Lynn, wallpaper paste is wallpaper paste & gravy is gravy. Never the two shall meet!" Shall we say my first experience at making gravy left a little bit to be desired! Thank the high heavens my cooking skills have improved since then! Enjoy!

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Fresh Strawberry & Whipped Cream Cake

One of my favorite cakes is fresh strawberry cake. The Konditerei in Salem makes a fabulous cake - but they are on the pricey side. I wanted to come up with a recipe of my own. Surprisingly, it's fairly easy. It's "strawberry season" right now. This is the PERFECT time to make this cake!! Enjoy!!

Ingredients:

1 prepared White Cake mix, in 2 8" or 9" round cake pans, according to package instructions
1 quart of heavy whipping cream
Vanilla
Sugar
Fresh Strawberries

Directions:

Bake the cake according to package instructions, cool

Whip the whipping cream, add some vanilla and sugar (2 or 3 tsp vanilla; 2 or 3 Tbls sugar - to your liking)

Wash and trim the strawberries; cut some in quarters for in between the cake layers, some in half to go around and on top of the cake

Place one of the cake rounds on a serving plate; cover with prepared whipped cream

Layer quartered strawberries on top

Spread some more whipped cream on top of strawberries

Place other cake round on top

Cover top and sides with whipped cream

Decorate with strawberries halves.



7 comments:

Donna-FFW said...

What could be more beautiful than that, whipped cream, strawberries, cake, my idea of goodness.

Columbo said...

Looks great, are you going to make one for me?

irish daisies said...

put me down for one too please

Anonymous said...

Can we say WOW! This looks beautiful and absolutely delicious!
Whipping makes everything look and taste fluffy. yummmmmy!

Kathleen Grace said...

Thanks for putting this recipe up. Tradition for my August birthday was to have Strawberry Whipped Cream Cake and it seems most people don't know what that is - including bakeries. My friend who's having a little party for me wanted to make a favorite cake for me and I sent me a bunch of recipes that weren't even close. This is perfect, wonderfully tasty and well, what could make a better tasting cake than this!

The Mulligan Family said...

Thanks for your comment, MoonRabbit. I'm glad you like the cake recipe. It's definitely yummy. I'm an August baby too - and this is one of my favorites as well. Happy Birthday to you!

Coco said...

This is my ultimate favorite cake! I used this super easy recipe and yum yum !!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive