Welcome to my site!

Welcome to my site!
I'm Cindy, and I love to cook! And, I love to eat... hence the size of my rear end! I come from a long line of cooks. My great great Grandmother was a cook in the original Harvey Houses. My grandmother Julia was an awesome cook, and my mom was incredible. I owe my skills to these great women. Especially my Mom who said this to me about making gravy... "Cindy Lynn, wallpaper paste is wallpaper paste & gravy is gravy. Never the two shall meet!" Shall we say my first experience at making gravy left a little bit to be desired! Thank the high heavens my cooking skills have improved since then! Enjoy!

Friday, July 16, 2010

Blackberry Crisp

We have the most amazing blackberries growing in our yard. They were my Father’s bushes, and when we moved 1000 miles away from the home I was raised in, we brought starts off of my Dad’s plants. They rooted just fine and each summer we enjoy the sweetest juiciest blackberries! One of the things I love to make with the berries is Blackberry Crisp. You could probably use an assortment of berries, if you prefer – but I like to stay “pure” using only blackberries.  Enjoy this crisp warm with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream or rich whipped cream.

Ingredients:

4 cups fresh blackberries
½ cup sugar
Lemon juice, from one lemon
2 Tbls. flour

For topping:
½ cup oatmeal
½ cup flour
½ cup brown sugar
5 Tbls. butter
¾ tsp allspice

Directions:

Toss berries, ½ cup sugar, lemon juice & 2 Tbls flour together in a bowl. Pour into a 8 or 9” square baking dish that has been sprayed in non-stick spray.

In a food processor, pulse the topping ingredients together until well blended and will hold shape when pressed together; like wet sand.

Sprinkle topping mixture over berries in baking dish.

Bake at 375 for approximately 30 minutes, until bubbly. Remove from oven and let cool.

2 comments:

Columbo said...

I just love our blackberries, and your Blackberry Crisp recipe is the best.

Laura said...

One of my favorites!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive