Welcome to my site!

Welcome to my site!
I'm Cindy, and I love to cook! And, I love to eat... hence the size of my rear end! I come from a long line of cooks. My great great Grandmother was a cook in the original Harvey Houses. My grandmother Julia was an awesome cook, and my mom was incredible. I owe my skills to these great women. Especially my Mom who said this to me about making gravy... "Cindy Lynn, wallpaper paste is wallpaper paste & gravy is gravy. Never the two shall meet!" Shall we say my first experience at making gravy left a little bit to be desired! Thank the high heavens my cooking skills have improved since then! Enjoy!

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Spiced Nuts

I saw Giada DeLaurentis make these spiced nuts on her FoodNetwork television show. Oh My! They are heavenly, and the aroma that comes from the oven while they are toasting…. I can’t describe it. It took every ounce of my self control to not eat them the minute they came out of the oven.

This is a super easy recipe with wonderful results. The hardest part about it? Waiting until the nuts are completely cooled before eating them. Enjoy these as a snack, or Giada suggests serving at a cocktail party. Try them, you definitely won’t be sorry!

Ingredients:

2 egg whites, beaten until frothy
2 cups almonds, roasted salted
2 cups cashews, roasted salted
2 cups walnuts
2 Tbls curry powder
1 Tbls cumin
1 tsp cardamom
1 tsp cinnamon
Cayenne, to taste
¾ cup sugar
Garlic Salt, sprinkled over nuts after they are on the baking sheet

Directions:

Preheat oven to 250.

In a large bowl beat the egg whites until frothy. Add all the nuts and stir until the nuts are completely covered with the egg whites. Add the spices and sugar and combine until the nuts are completely covered with the dry ingredients.

Spray a large baking sheet that has a rim. Place nuts on sheet in single layer. Sprinkle garlic salt over all.

Bake at 250 for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before breaking apart.

2 comments:

Columbo said...

Now this is a keeper. I was chased out of the kitchen several times after I got a sneak taste of a few of these spiced nuts. Simply awesome!

Laura said...

Yum!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive