Welcome to my site!

Welcome to my site!
I'm Cindy, and I love to cook! And, I love to eat... hence the size of my rear end! I come from a long line of cooks. My great great Grandmother was a cook in the original Harvey Houses. My grandmother Julia was an awesome cook, and my mom was incredible. I owe my skills to these great women. Especially my Mom who said this to me about making gravy... "Cindy Lynn, wallpaper paste is wallpaper paste & gravy is gravy. Never the two shall meet!" Shall we say my first experience at making gravy left a little bit to be desired! Thank the high heavens my cooking skills have improved since then! Enjoy!

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Spicy Pickled Green Beans

I've been patiently waiting to post this recipe, because I wanted to taste the green beans to be sure they were as wonderful as they looked, but after canning them - you have to wait a month

I must confess, I only waited three weeks.  Curiosity got the better of me, and I thought they would be delicious with the Bloody Mary's we are enjoying as I type this.  I can confirm - they are FAB-U-LOUS!

The recipe can be found here:

I slightly changed the recipe in the following ways:

Add a pinch of red pepper flakes to each jar
Instead of fresh dill, add 1/2 tsp dried dill weed to each jar - along with a dill head

Other than the above alterations - I followed the instructions on the website. 

FYI - My friend and I canned the beans together.  We got 12 pounds of beans - they made 19 pint jars.

3 comments:

Columbo said...

I really thought they were great, especially with our Bloody Marys.

Kim said...

Those look amazing!

Laura said...

I"ll have to try that recipe. Looks yummy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive