Welcome to my site!

Welcome to my site!
I'm Cindy, and I love to cook! And, I love to eat... hence the size of my rear end! I come from a long line of cooks. My great great Grandmother was a cook in the original Harvey Houses. My grandmother Julia was an awesome cook, and my mom was incredible. I owe my skills to these great women. Especially my Mom who said this to me about making gravy... "Cindy Lynn, wallpaper paste is wallpaper paste & gravy is gravy. Never the two shall meet!" Shall we say my first experience at making gravy left a little bit to be desired! Thank the high heavens my cooking skills have improved since then! Enjoy!

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Chicken & Andouille Sausage Jambalaya

This turned out better than I expected. It is flavorful with a hint of spice and that delicious New Orleans flair that I love so much!

Ingredients:

1 ½ white onions, chopped
1 ½ green bell pepper, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
3 cloves garlic
Olive Oil
1 teaspoon Tony Chachere’s
14 – 16 oz. Andouille sausage, cut into rounds – or half rounds
14 ½ oz can diced tomatoes, break up tomatoes with a spoon
¾ cup chicken broth

1 ½ cups white rice
2 ½ cups chicken broth
1 ½ teaspoon Tony Chachere’s
1 lb chicken tenders, cut into bite size pieces (can substitute chicken breast)

Directions:

Drizzle olive oil in large, non-stick skillet. Add onions and garlic; sauté for a couple of minutes. Add green & red peppers; continue to sauté for a few minutes.

Add tomatoes, Tony’s and ¾ cup chicken broth. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.

Add rice, 2 ½ cups chicken broth, 1 ½ teaspoon Tony’s, and chicken tenders. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer until broth is absorbed, and rice and chicken are cooked. Check the rice occasionally and add more broth if needed.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive