Welcome to my site!

Welcome to my site!
I'm Cindy, and I love to cook! And, I love to eat... hence the size of my rear end! I come from a long line of cooks. My great great Grandmother was a cook in the original Harvey Houses. My grandmother Julia was an awesome cook, and my mom was incredible. I owe my skills to these great women. Especially my Mom who said this to me about making gravy... "Cindy Lynn, wallpaper paste is wallpaper paste & gravy is gravy. Never the two shall meet!" Shall we say my first experience at making gravy left a little bit to be desired! Thank the high heavens my cooking skills have improved since then! Enjoy!

Monday, December 17, 2012

Chocolate Chip Toffee Bars


I've been making these FOR YEARS!  They are easy - and a true "hit' EVERY TIME.  I originally found the recipe on the back of a Skor pieces bag.  The grocery store in which I regularly shop does not carry Skor pieces, but they do carry Heath Bar pieces.  So, that's what I now use.  Works well either way.  You'll be the hero of the next party to which you bring these!  They are OUTSTANDING!
 
Ingredients:

 

2 1/3 c. all purpose flour                              
2/3 c. packed light brown sugar                   
¾ c. (1 ½ sticks) butter or margarine           
1 egg slightly beaten                                   
1 c. coarsely chopped nuts
2 c. semi sweet chocolate chips
1 can Eagle Brand
1 ¾ c. toffee bits

Directions:
 
Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease 13x9x2 inch baking dish. 

In a large bowl, stir together flour and brown sugar.  Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.  Add egg; mix well. 

Stir in 1 ½ c. of chocolate chips and the nuts.  Reserve 1 ½ c. of this mixture.  Press remaining crumb mixture into bottom of pan.  Bake 10 min. 

Pour Eagle Brand evenly over hot crust.  Top with 1 ½ c. of toffee bits.  Sprinkle reserved crumb mixture and remaining ½ cup of chocolate chips over top.  Bake 25 to 30 min. or until golden brown.  Sprinkle with remaining ¼ c. toffee bits.  Cool completely in pan on wire rack.  About 48 bars. 

Variation:  If you would like to add some coconut to this recipe, sprinkle about ¾ c. of shredded coconut over the Eagle brand, and then continue with remaining elements of original recipe.
 


 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive