Welcome to my site!

Welcome to my site!
I'm Cindy, and I love to cook! And, I love to eat... hence the size of my rear end! I come from a long line of cooks. My great great Grandmother was a cook in the original Harvey Houses. My grandmother Julia was an awesome cook, and my mom was incredible. I owe my skills to these great women. Especially my Mom who said this to me about making gravy... "Cindy Lynn, wallpaper paste is wallpaper paste & gravy is gravy. Never the two shall meet!" Shall we say my first experience at making gravy left a little bit to be desired! Thank the high heavens my cooking skills have improved since then! Enjoy!

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Ham & Cheese English Muffin Strata

I found this recipe in one of my Cooking Light Cookbooks, and true to form I’ve altered it just a little bit.  This is WAY yummy and makes the perfect breakfast when you’re on the go.  Make it ahead and then warm the individual servings in the microwave.  But, it’s equally delicious and fancy enough to serve when company is coming.  Just remember to leave at least 8 hours for it to set in the fridge – prior to cooking.
 
Ingredients:
 
4 Sourdough English Muffins
Cooking Spray
5 slices of Canadian Bacon, finely chopped
½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 ¾ cup unsweetened soy milk
4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
½ teaspoon dry mustard
¾ teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons fresh basil, finely chopped
¾ teaspoon red pepper flakes
Salt
Pepper
2 eggs
2 egg whites
 
Directions:
 
Split the English muffins and then slice each half into 6 wedges.  Arrange half of the muffins into a 8” square baking dish that has been generously sprayed with cooking spray.  Top with chopped Canadian Bacon, half the cheese, red pepper flakes and basil.  Add some salt and pepper.  Top with other half of English Muffins and remaining cheese.
 
Whisk the egg whites and eggs along with Dijon mustard, dry mustard and garlic powder. 
Add the soy milk and beat to combine.  Pour over muffin mixture.  Cover and place in fridge 8 hours  to overnight. 
 
Bake uncovered strata at 325 for one hour.  Let stand for 15 minutes.  Serves 4 to 6 depending on how large you’d like the servings.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive