Welcome to my site!

Welcome to my site!
I'm Cindy, and I love to cook! And, I love to eat... hence the size of my rear end! I come from a long line of cooks. My great great Grandmother was a cook in the original Harvey Houses. My grandmother Julia was an awesome cook, and my mom was incredible. I owe my skills to these great women. Especially my Mom who said this to me about making gravy... "Cindy Lynn, wallpaper paste is wallpaper paste & gravy is gravy. Never the two shall meet!" Shall we say my first experience at making gravy left a little bit to be desired! Thank the high heavens my cooking skills have improved since then! Enjoy!

Monday, July 1, 2013

Pizza Meat Loaf


I saw a recipe for this in one of my Cooking Light cookbooks.  I’ve altered the recipe a little bit and these turned out FANTASTIC!  Very easy – and extremely delicious!
 
Ingredients:
 
1 lb. ground beef (I used 93% lean)
1 lb. ground turkey
4 oz. pepperoni, finely chopped
1 white onion, chopped
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
12 oz. jar red peppers
4 cloves garlic, minced
Salt
Pepper
1 cup pizza sauce
1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
2 eggs
Olive oil
 
Directions:
 
Heat a skillet; drizzle Olive Oil into it.  Add chopped onion and garlic and red pepper flakes.  Sauté until translucent. 
 
Drain the red peppers; place in bowl of food processor and process until finely chopped.  Add the cooked onion mixture and pulse to chop and combine.
 
In a bowl, add beef, turkey and pepperoni.  Add egg, bread crumbs, salt & pepper; mix to combine.  Add the onion/red pepper mixture – mix to combine.
 
Form into 8 – 10 individual meat loaves.  Cook at 350 for 30 minutes.  Remove from oven; spoon the pizza sauce onto each loaf, and spread.  Return to oven and cook for an additional 30 minutes.  Fantastico!
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a real treat to eat. I bet my family will gobble that down when I serve it up to them. Thanky'!  •‿•

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive