Welcome to my site!

Welcome to my site!
I'm Cindy, and I love to cook! And, I love to eat... hence the size of my rear end! I come from a long line of cooks. My great great Grandmother was a cook in the original Harvey Houses. My grandmother Julia was an awesome cook, and my mom was incredible. I owe my skills to these great women. Especially my Mom who said this to me about making gravy... "Cindy Lynn, wallpaper paste is wallpaper paste & gravy is gravy. Never the two shall meet!" Shall we say my first experience at making gravy left a little bit to be desired! Thank the high heavens my cooking skills have improved since then! Enjoy!

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Ruby-Tini

A friend posted a juice recipe that sounded very delicious and quite healthy.  Well, leave it to me to make it into something perhaps a little less “healthy” – but definitely more “festive”.  You’ll need a juicer for this one – but the extra delicious flavor is definitely worth the extra effort.  Cheers!
 
Ingredients:
 
1 cup cranberries
2 oranges
2 carrots
 
3 oz. Vodka
1 oz. Simple Syrup
Juice of half a lime
 
Directions:
 
Make the simple syrup by bringing ½ cup water to a boil; add ½ cup sugar.  Stir until completely dissolved; allow to cool.
 
Juice the cranberries, oranges and carrots.  Strain mixture into a jar or large measuring cup.
 
Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.  Add 3 ounces of the juice mixture, 3 ounces of vodka, juice from half a lime and 1 ounce simple syrup.  Shake vigorously.
 
Pour into two chilled martini glasses….. Relax, Sip and Enjoy!
 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive