Welcome to my site!

Welcome to my site!
I'm Cindy, and I love to cook! And, I love to eat... hence the size of my rear end! I come from a long line of cooks. My great great Grandmother was a cook in the original Harvey Houses. My grandmother Julia was an awesome cook, and my mom was incredible. I owe my skills to these great women. Especially my Mom who said this to me about making gravy... "Cindy Lynn, wallpaper paste is wallpaper paste & gravy is gravy. Never the two shall meet!" Shall we say my first experience at making gravy left a little bit to be desired! Thank the high heavens my cooking skills have improved since then! Enjoy!

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Mexican Meatballs with Queso Blanco

This was another Pinterest find from the “Cooking on the Ranch” blog.  Love her blog and all of the recipes sound fantastic.  Click HERE to view Lee Ann’s blog.
 
I made the meatballs as appetizers for the Mexican themed dinner we attended a couple of weeks ago.   However, I can definitely imagine serving them for dinner - perhaps with some rice and salad. They were so flavorful and perfectly spiced – but not “hot” spicy.  Top them with the Queso Blanco – which is HEAVENLY.  It is creamy and spicy and super easy and quick to make.  I will definitely make the meatballs again – and I can think of a lot of ways to use the Queso Blanco – including eating it directly from the bowl.
 
Ingredients
 
1.5 lbs lean ground beef
1 cup bread crumbs, or panko crumbs
½ C. milk
1 egg
½ yellow onion, chopped
1 T. olive oil
2 T. chili powder
1 T. cumin
1 t. coriander
1 T. paprika
1 t. garlic powder
Salt and Pepper to taste
 
Instructions
 
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with Pam.
 
Combine the meat and bread crumbs in a bowl. In a blender add the milk, egg, onion, olive oil and spices.  Whirl until well combined and the onion is minced.  Pour in the bowl.  Mix well with the meat and bread crumbs.  Once well mixed, form the meat into small meatballs. Arrange meatballs on a baking sheet and bake 15 or 20 minutes.
 
To serve, place meatballs on a serving platter and drizzle with the Queso Blanco.  (recipe below)
 
Queso Blanco
 
Ingredients
 
½ lb White American Cheese, roughly chopped into 1" pieces
2 oz. diced green chilies (Like Ortega)
1 ½ tablespoon pickled jalapeno slices, diced fine
2 tablespoons juice from the pickled jalapenos
⅓ cup milk
¼ cup water
1 teaspoon ground cumin
 
Instructions
 
Combine all ingredients in a medium size glass bowl.  Microwave for five minutes, pausing to stir after every minute. Serve hot.
 


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive