Welcome to my site!

Welcome to my site!
I'm Cindy, and I love to cook! And, I love to eat... hence the size of my rear end! I come from a long line of cooks. My great great Grandmother was a cook in the original Harvey Houses. My grandmother Julia was an awesome cook, and my mom was incredible. I owe my skills to these great women. Especially my Mom who said this to me about making gravy... "Cindy Lynn, wallpaper paste is wallpaper paste & gravy is gravy. Never the two shall meet!" Shall we say my first experience at making gravy left a little bit to be desired! Thank the high heavens my cooking skills have improved since then! Enjoy!

Sunday, September 13, 2015

California Benedict

We went to New Orleans last year and one day ate brunch at Café Atchafalaya where they served all sorts of variations on the classic Eggs Benedict.  This made me start thinking about possibilities and different ways to serve it on special weekend breakfasts.  We really like sausage and avocado – thus my first foray into an alternate preparation for one of our favorite breakfast classics.  (Serves 2)

Ingredients:

½ pound of Turkey Italian Sausage, cooked and crumbled (or you could use regular Italian Sausage)
1 avocado, peeled and sliced
4 poached eggs
2 English Muffins, split and toasted
Hollandaise Sauce (I cheat and use Knorr Hollandaise.  It’s amazing and no one ever guesses it’s not homemade.  Just follow the directions on the packet.)

Directions:

Prepare the Hollandaise sauce while cooking the sausage.
Peel and slice the avocado
Toast the English Muffins while poaching the eggs.  (I have an Egg Poaching pan which makes poaching eggs super easy.  I’ve never been able to master poaching eggs in boiling water.)
Place two halves of English Muffin on a dinner plate; repeat on the second plate.
Drizzle a little Hollandaise Sauce on each half of English Muffin.
Evenly distribute the avocado slices on each half of English Muffin.
Place the poached eggs on top on avocado.
Scatter cooked sausage around the plate and on top of eggs.
Pour Hollandaise over all.

Get your knife and fork and enjoy.  This was super yummy!

1 comment:

Katiecakes said...

Ahh man, this sounds awesome!!!!

Katie xoxo
Katiecakes

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive