Welcome to my site!

Welcome to my site!
I'm Cindy, and I love to cook! And, I love to eat... hence the size of my rear end! I come from a long line of cooks. My great great Grandmother was a cook in the original Harvey Houses. My grandmother Julia was an awesome cook, and my mom was incredible. I owe my skills to these great women. Especially my Mom who said this to me about making gravy... "Cindy Lynn, wallpaper paste is wallpaper paste & gravy is gravy. Never the two shall meet!" Shall we say my first experience at making gravy left a little bit to be desired! Thank the high heavens my cooking skills have improved since then! Enjoy!

Sunday, February 10, 2019

Mini Berry Lemon Cheesecake Tarts


I found this recipe from the Weight Watchers site.  It is SO good.  You’ll have no idea that these are “dietetic”.  At only 1 smart point each, you can treat yourself with zero guilt.  When I made these for my husband and myself, I only baked and filled 8 shells at a time, 4 for each of us.  I kept the filling in the plastic bag and was able to have these over several evenings.  What a delightful indulgence!

Ingredients:

Phyllo shells, mini – thawed, if frozen (30 of them)
8 oz. light cream cheese, room temperature
¼ cup Greek plain yogurt – fat free
2 Tbsp. sugar
2 tsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. lemon zest
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Assorted berries for garnish

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350°F.

Bake phyllo shells on a baking sheet for about 5 minutes, until they’re lightly toasted.  Allow to cool.

In a medium bowl, whisk together softened cream cheese, yogurt, sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla.  Make sure the mixture is completely smooth.  Spoon this mixture into a plastic zip-lock bag.  Snip off a corner and evenly pipe the mixture into the phyllo shells.  (Or you can fill using a spoon)

Garnish each filled shell with a berry.  Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to 4 hours.  If you leave them filled for too long before serving, the shells will get soggy.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive