Welcome to my site!

Welcome to my site!
I'm Cindy, and I love to cook! And, I love to eat... hence the size of my rear end! I come from a long line of cooks. My great great Grandmother was a cook in the original Harvey Houses. My grandmother Julia was an awesome cook, and my mom was incredible. I owe my skills to these great women. Especially my Mom who said this to me about making gravy... "Cindy Lynn, wallpaper paste is wallpaper paste & gravy is gravy. Never the two shall meet!" Shall we say my first experience at making gravy left a little bit to be desired! Thank the high heavens my cooking skills have improved since then! Enjoy!

Sunday, March 7, 2021

Chipotle Chili Pork Tenderloin with Corn Salsa


I found this recipe in my 2005 Cooking Light cookbook.  Love the recipes from the Cooking Light series.  Most are quite easy to make and everything I’ve tried has been delicious.  This is no exception.  The combination of spices on the pork are fantastic and served over the very quickly made corn salsa is a wonderful treat.  The corn salsa tastes so bright and fresh.  And the last minute garnish of fresh cilantro gives this dish just that little “extra” you didn’t know you were missing.  


Ingredients:


2 pork tenderloins

1 Tbls chipotle chili powder (I didn’t have chipotle chili powder, so I used regular chili powder)

2 tsp ground cumin

1 tsp garlic salt

Cooking spray

2 cups frozen whole-kernel corn

1 cup sliced green onions

1 cup picante sauce

4 Tbls fresh minced cilantro


Directions:


1. Cut the pork cross wise into approximately 2” pieces.  Press each piece to help it hold its shape.  Combine the chili powder, cumin and garlic salt.  Rub over the pork.

2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.  Coat the pan with cooking spray.  (You could add a little olive oil at this point if you’d like.)  Add the pork to the pan and cook 4 minutes on each side. Remove pork from pan.

3. Add the corn, onions and picante sauce to the same pan; cook 2 – 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring frequently.

4. The recipe calls for serving the corn salsa over the pork, but I preferred the presentation of placing the pork on top of the salsa and garnishing with the cilantro.


Click here for printable recipe.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive