One Pot Beef & Spinach Pasta
My family loves pasta dishes. They’re easy to make and OH! So delicious. I don’t recall where I found this recipe – but it’s a keeper. I’ve made some minor adjustments to the original. It’s made in just one pot, and comes together quite quickly. Easy to make and just as easy to clean up afterwards. And what’s even better? It is super tasty. Filled with lots of flavor and just a little bit of spice – if desired.
Ingredients:
8 ounces pasta (penne or rotini)
1 – 1.5 pound ground beef
2 cups fresh spinach, chopped (I
have chopped the spinach, and I’ve left the spinach leaves whole. It works just fine both ways. Also, I use more than 2 cups. Probably more like 4.)
1 onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
(I like to use the Italian seasoned tomatoes.
But, you can use plain too)
2 cups beef broth
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
½ teaspoon red pepper flakes, or
some cayenne pepper
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
(optional)
Directions:
In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the diced onion and minced garlic, sautéing for 2-3 minutes until the onion is translucent.
Add the ground beef to the skillet, breaking it apart with a spatula. Cook until browned, about 5-7 minutes. Drain excess fat if necessary.
Stir in the diced tomatoes (with their juices), beef broth, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil.
Add the pasta to the skillet, stirring to combine. Make sure the pasta is submerged in the liquid. Reduce the heat to a simmer, cover, and cook for 10-12 minutes, or until the pasta is al dente, stirring occasionally.
Once the pasta is cooked, fold in the chopped spinach and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until the spinach is wilted.
If desired, sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese before serving.



Comments