Well, with a blog name like "Gumbo Ya Ya", I guess it's about time I put a New Orleans inspired recipe on my blog. This is another "quick and easy" recipe... and it will have you in that Nawlin's mood in no time! Enjoy!
8 chicken thighs, skin removed
1/2 red onion, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, finely minced
2 tsp olive oil
1 Tbls butter
Salt & Pepper to taste
- In a non-stick skillet warm the olive oil and add the butter.
- When butter is melted, add the onions and then the garlic. Add salt & pepper. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle Creole Seasoning on both sides of the chicken thighs. Add chicken thighs to skillet, right on top of the onion and garlic mixture. Cover with lid and cook for 8 minutes on first side.
- Remove lid; turn chicken and continue cooking for 10 minutes on second side.
- Make sure chicken is cooked through - remove from skillet and serve! YUM!