This is one of those creations that came about when I wasn't sure WHAT I was going to make for dinner. A little of this - a little of that - and viola! Dinner! Enjoy!
2 Tbls olive oil
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1” pieces
½ c Italian Seasoning Bread Crumbs
1 tsp seasoning salt
3 Tbls grated Parmesan Cheese
1 white onion chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 cans diced tomatoes, or Italian Stewed tomatoes (which is what I used this time)
Handful of chopped fresh basil
1 pkg cooked pasta – I used Penne Rigati, but you could use spaghetti, angel hair, linguine, farfalle, or rotini
Chopped basil for garnish
Shredded Parmesan for garnish
Salt & Pepper
1. Heat oil in large skillet or pan.
2. Combine bread crumbs, salt and parmesan in plastic bag. Add chicken and shake to coat.
3. Place chicken in heated oil, cook until browned on all sides. Remove from pan.
4. Add onion and garlic to pan. Cook until translucent. Add basil and tomatoes. Cook until well combined and most of liquid has evaporated.
5. Add cooked pasta to pan – along with ¼ to ½ cup of pasta water. Cook stirring until water evaporates and a thin sauce coats the pasta.
6. Salt and Pepper to taste.
7. Serve in individual bowls, garnish with basil and parmesan.