Welcome to my site!

Welcome to my site!
I'm Cindy, and I love to cook! And, I love to eat... hence the size of my rear end! I come from a long line of cooks. My great great Grandmother was a cook in the original Harvey Houses. My grandmother Julia was an awesome cook, and my mom was incredible. I owe my skills to these great women. Especially my Mom who said this to me about making gravy... "Cindy Lynn, wallpaper paste is wallpaper paste & gravy is gravy. Never the two shall meet!" Shall we say my first experience at making gravy left a little bit to be desired! Thank the high heavens my cooking skills have improved since then! Enjoy!

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Divinity Fudge

So the story goes like this... My Grandma Maurine absolutely LOVED Divinity Fudge. But, being the less that perfect cook that she was, she didn't have a lot of success when making it. My Mom and Dad could always tell when she had attempted to make Divinity, because they would come home to cupcakes or cake with the divinity used as the frosting. Poor Grandma!

Here's a recipe that is sure to please - and turn out successfully.

Ingredients
:

2 cups sugar
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1 jar of marshmallow cream
1 cup chopped nuts (I used almonds this time, but have used walnuts and pecans in the past)
1 tsp vanilla

Directions
:

Cook the milk and sugar in saucepan until candy thermometer reaches 238 degrees. Stir frequently to avoid the sugar burning.

Remove from heat. Add marshmallow cream; let cool to 180 degrees.

Add chopped nuts and vanilla. Beat together and pour into an 8 x 8 greased pan. You can use butter or non stick spray in the pan.

Let harden and cut into bite sized pieces. YUM!

4 comments:

irish daisies said...

oh my husband just asked me if i had this recipe and i didnt. thank you so much for posting it!

Laura said...

I'm so glad you posted the recipe. I LOVE divinity but minus the nuts. Thanks!!

Jill said...

I totally emphathize with Grandma. My Mom always made Million Dollar Fudge that had to be beaten with a wooden spoon until it was cooled down. Lots of work, but so good. My attempt at the quicky fudge the other day, well, we're eating it with spoons! I'll see if I can make this one come out good. And how do I make it chocolate?

The Mulligan Family said...

Jill, I will comment on your blog too - just in case you don't see this response... I just use the Fantasy fudge recipe on the back of the Kraft Marshmallow Creme jars. Been using that recipe for eons - and it turns out perfect every time. I will most probably make it over the next couple of days and will post the recipe, in case you can't find it.

Cheers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive