Welcome to my site!

Welcome to my site!
I'm Cindy, and I love to cook! And, I love to eat... hence the size of my rear end! I come from a long line of cooks. My great great Grandmother was a cook in the original Harvey Houses. My grandmother Julia was an awesome cook, and my mom was incredible. I owe my skills to these great women. Especially my Mom who said this to me about making gravy... "Cindy Lynn, wallpaper paste is wallpaper paste & gravy is gravy. Never the two shall meet!" Shall we say my first experience at making gravy left a little bit to be desired! Thank the high heavens my cooking skills have improved since then! Enjoy!

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Fantasy Fudge

I have been using this recipe for fudge since... well, since forever! I got it SO many years ago from the label of Kraft Marshmallow Creme. When my dear hubby did the shopping for me last week, I didn't specify Kraft, so he got me the store brand. Therefore, I don't know if they still publish this recipe on the back of their jars. This makes the most perfect fudge that turns out excellent every time. I don't think I've ever had a batch that turned out less than perfect.

Ingredients:

3 cups white sugar
1 1/2 sticks butter or margarine
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1 tsp vanilla
12 oz chocolate chips
1 cup chopped nuts (I used pecans this time. I've used peanuts & walnuts as well)
1 jar marshmallow creme

Directions:

1. Combine sugar, butter and evaporated milk in a saucepan. Cook stirring constantly until mixture comes to a rolling boil.
Continue cooking, stirring constantly, for five minutes.

2. Remove from heat, add chocolate chips, vanilla, marshmallow creme, and nuts. Beat until well blended.

3. Pour into greased pan - approx 7 x 11. (can use butter or Pam to prepare the pan)
Let harden and cut into bite size pieces.

Note: In the past, I have substituted peanut butter chips for the chocolate chips and added chopped peanuts to make peanut butter fudge too! Delish!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Hi Cindy -- thank you for your concern. Our power was out until Christmas eve. It is so good to be warm again! I have this on my shopping list for Saturday and look forward to trying out the recipe.

I hope you weren't disabled with ice, snow or lack of electricity and had a wonderful Merry Christmas! Blessings.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive