Welcome to my site!

Welcome to my site!
I'm Cindy, and I love to cook! And, I love to eat... hence the size of my rear end! I come from a long line of cooks. My great great Grandmother was a cook in the original Harvey Houses. My grandmother Julia was an awesome cook, and my mom was incredible. I owe my skills to these great women. Especially my Mom who said this to me about making gravy... "Cindy Lynn, wallpaper paste is wallpaper paste & gravy is gravy. Never the two shall meet!" Shall we say my first experience at making gravy left a little bit to be desired! Thank the high heavens my cooking skills have improved since then! Enjoy!

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Spicy Sausage & Garbanzo Bean Soup

I enjoy making a pot of soup at the beginning of the week. It allows me to have something easy to take with my lunches to work – and gives my hubby something that he can eat during the weekdays as well. We love decadently creamy soups, but both of us are trying to lose weight right now (which is why my postings have been sporadic) and decadently creamy is not on the menu. This soup is filling and good for you.

Ingredients:

1 white onion, chopped
1 lb bulk Hot Italian Sausage
Qt. Chicken broth
3 cans garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup water
Handful of chopped fresh cilantro
Drizzle of Olive Oil

Directions:

Drizzle olive oil in soup pan; heat. Add onions and fry until translucent.

Add sausage to onions; break up the sausage while cooking. Add a little bit of chicken broth to deglaze the pan.

Add remaining chicken broth, cup of water, garbanzo beans and cilantro. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 45 minutes.

Spicy Sausage & Garbanzo Bean Soup

I enjoy making a pot of soup at the beginning ...

See Spicy Sausage & Garbanzo Bean Soup on Key Ingredient.

1 comment:

Columbo said...

This was one of my favorites. I just loved it the other night. Couldn't just have one bowl.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive