Welcome to my site!

Welcome to my site!
I'm Cindy, and I love to cook! And, I love to eat... hence the size of my rear end! I come from a long line of cooks. My great great Grandmother was a cook in the original Harvey Houses. My grandmother Julia was an awesome cook, and my mom was incredible. I owe my skills to these great women. Especially my Mom who said this to me about making gravy... "Cindy Lynn, wallpaper paste is wallpaper paste & gravy is gravy. Never the two shall meet!" Shall we say my first experience at making gravy left a little bit to be desired! Thank the high heavens my cooking skills have improved since then! Enjoy!

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Ode to Julia Child

I just returned home from seeing the movie "Julie & Julia". Delightful film. Of course, being the "foodie" and fan of Julia Child that I am, I sat in the film salivating over the recipes, the food, the wine. I am inspired - although not to the extent that Julie Powell was. She set out (on a blog) to cook her way through Julia Child's "Mastering the Art of French Cooking" in 365 days. She was successful in meeting her deadline. I am not thinking about trying this, however it did prompt me to lift my copy of Julia's book off the shelf and begin to page through.

I haven't made anything out of this book in quite a few years. I think I may just have to dog ear a few pages and share some of the recipes with you. Although, being the foodies that I know many of you are... I'm sure you probably have a copy of this masterpiece on your own bookshelves. Perhaps it is well worn, or perhaps is it sitting neglected - as was mine. We should all honor Julia Child and prepare one or two of her recipes soon! I hope to have some posted within the next week.


Happy cooking - and Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive