Welcome to my site!

Welcome to my site!
I'm Cindy, and I love to cook! And, I love to eat... hence the size of my rear end! I come from a long line of cooks. My great great Grandmother was a cook in the original Harvey Houses. My grandmother Julia was an awesome cook, and my mom was incredible. I owe my skills to these great women. Especially my Mom who said this to me about making gravy... "Cindy Lynn, wallpaper paste is wallpaper paste & gravy is gravy. Never the two shall meet!" Shall we say my first experience at making gravy left a little bit to be desired! Thank the high heavens my cooking skills have improved since then! Enjoy!

Saturday, August 1, 2009

White Chili

I've adapted this from the Cooking Light 2009 cookbook. I made it last weekend and put it in the fridge so we could have it for dinner one night this week. Given the high temperatures in Salem this week - I'm so glad I had a meal ready to go and not have to worry about "what's for dinner!"

Ingredients:

2 tsp olive oil
1 White onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups chicken broth
5 tsp green Tabasco sauce ( or to taste)
½ tsp salt
1 ¼ lb boneless skinless chicken breast
3 Tbls cornmeal
2 cans Cannellini beans, rinsed and drained (15 oz size)
Directions:

Heat oil in soup pot, add onions and garlic and sauté for about 5 minutes. Add the broth and next 3 ingredients to the pan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cover. Simmer for 15 minutes. Remove chicken and cool.

Add cornmeal to broth mixture; stirring with a whisk. Add beans to broth mixture and simmer for 15 minutes. Mash some of the beans into the mixture to help it thicken.
Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces; add back into bean mixture; simmer for 5 more minutes.

Serve in bowls with desired toppings – Suggestions: green onions, cheese, sour cream or yogurt.

White Chili on Foodista

White Chili

I've adapted this from the Cooking Light 2009 cookbook ...

See White Chili on Key Ingredient.

2 comments:

Columbo said...

Another enjoyable tasty dish.

KandN said...

I don't know what it is about white chili, but it's one of my favorite soups.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive