Welcome to my site!

Welcome to my site!
I'm Cindy, and I love to cook! And, I love to eat... hence the size of my rear end! I come from a long line of cooks. My great great Grandmother was a cook in the original Harvey Houses. My grandmother Julia was an awesome cook, and my mom was incredible. I owe my skills to these great women. Especially my Mom who said this to me about making gravy... "Cindy Lynn, wallpaper paste is wallpaper paste & gravy is gravy. Never the two shall meet!" Shall we say my first experience at making gravy left a little bit to be desired! Thank the high heavens my cooking skills have improved since then! Enjoy!

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Baked Salmon

My son and I both love salmon. For years I never really fixed it, because I wasn't sure how - and when I cooked it in a saute pan I always managed to burn it on the outside, but it was still raw on the inside. One day we salmon at my brother-in-laws house. It was perfectly prepared. He had wrapped it in foil and baked it on the barbecue. I liked THAT idea. Seemed totally easy and it sure was delicious. So, I came home and began experimenting. This is what I came up with! Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

Ingredients:


Salmon fillet
Small amount of butter
Lemon juice
Seasoning Salt
Dill Seasoning (I love the Pampered Chef Dill Seasoning, but if you don't have that - you could use dill weed)
Lemon slices - for garnish

Directions:

Wash and pat dry the salmon fillet. Place on a large sheet of aluminum foil - large enough to make an "envelope" of sorts around the fillet.

Sprinkle the salmon with a very small amount of lemon juice, followed by the seasoning salt. Place 4 - 5 small pats of butter on the salmon. Sprinkle with the dill seasoning.

Wrap the salmon in the aluminum foil, closing tightly and leaving space around the salmon so that it can steam. Place the foil package on a cookie sheet with edges - just in case there is any leakage.

Bake at 350 for 30 - 35 minutes. Remove from oven and test salmon for doneness. If it is not done enough, reclose the package and replace in oven for a few minutes longer. A few times with larger pieces of salmon I have had to cook for longer than the 35 minutes. When I replace the package in the oven I do so for only 5 minutes at a time. You definitely don't want over done salmon.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive