Welcome to my site!

Welcome to my site!
I'm Cindy, and I love to cook! And, I love to eat... hence the size of my rear end! I come from a long line of cooks. My great great Grandmother was a cook in the original Harvey Houses. My grandmother Julia was an awesome cook, and my mom was incredible. I owe my skills to these great women. Especially my Mom who said this to me about making gravy... "Cindy Lynn, wallpaper paste is wallpaper paste & gravy is gravy. Never the two shall meet!" Shall we say my first experience at making gravy left a little bit to be desired! Thank the high heavens my cooking skills have improved since then! Enjoy!

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Chili Rellenos Casserole

This recipe is sure to please. It is made in a 9 x 13 pan to serve 12 – or can be halved to serve 6. Turns out great both ways and you will be popular with your guests. I got this recipe from my brother-in-laws mother. She had it for years from a fund raiser cookbook. Trust me – it’s fabulous!

Ingredients:

½ c butter (one stick)
10 eggs
½ cup flour
1 tsp. baking powder
8 oz. can diced green chilies
1 pt. cottage cheese
1 lb. Monterey Jack cheese, grated
Dash of salt

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350. Melt the butter in a 9 x 13 pan in the heated oven.

Beat the eggs in large bowl; add the flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well. Pour the melted butter into the egg mixture and the rest of the ingredients into the bowl. Mix well and turn back into the pan.

Bake for 50 – 60 minutes. Cut into squares and serve.
(Can be halved and baked in an 8 x 8 pan.)

2 comments:

Laura said...

Sounds delish!!

Columbo said...

Awesome casserole!!!!!!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive