Welcome to my site!

Welcome to my site!
I'm Cindy, and I love to cook! And, I love to eat... hence the size of my rear end! I come from a long line of cooks. My great great Grandmother was a cook in the original Harvey Houses. My grandmother Julia was an awesome cook, and my mom was incredible. I owe my skills to these great women. Especially my Mom who said this to me about making gravy... "Cindy Lynn, wallpaper paste is wallpaper paste & gravy is gravy. Never the two shall meet!" Shall we say my first experience at making gravy left a little bit to be desired! Thank the high heavens my cooking skills have improved since then! Enjoy!

Monday, December 7, 2009

Peanut Butter Pie

I found this recipe in the Taste of Home magazine a few years back. Coincidentally it was created by a lady just a few miles south of me in Albany Oregon. She won Grand Champion of their county fair with this pie - deservedly so! Mmm Mmm good!

Crust Ingredients: (or you could do like I did and use a premade Keebler chocolate crust)

1 ¼ cup chocolate cookie crumbs (20 cookies)
¼ cup sugar
¼ cup butter or margarine melted

Filling Ingredients
:

1 pkg. creamed cheese (softened – 8 oz. I used fat free cream cheese and the pie turned out perfectly)
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 Tbls. butter or margarine, softened
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped

Optional: Grated chocolate or chocolate cookie crumbs for garnish

Directions:

Combine the crust ingredients; press into a 9” pie plate. Bake at 375 for 10 minutes. Cool. (Or buy the premade crust while you’re at the store getting the other ingredients!)

In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar, butter and vanilla until smooth. Fold in the whipped cream; gently spoon into the crust.

Garnish with shaved chocolate or cookie crumbs, if desired. Refrigerate.

This photo was taken after the pie had only been in the fridge for about 30 minutes. I just couldn't wait to taste it. After a couple of hours the pie firmed up beautifully!

5 comments:

Laura said...

Ooooh lala that looks good!

5Youngers said...

I'm copying and pasting this recipe right now... ummmmmm... YUMMMY!

:) said...

i make this pie too. mines a little differnt with a chocoalte top on it. my husband is also abused as i only make this about once a year...its so creamy!

Columbo said...

Just loved it! Can I have it more than once a year? Please.

Anonymous said...

I lived in New Orleans for four years and have missed Peanut Butter pie Soooo! I was excited to find this recipe. I made it last night and it surpassed my expectations. Light and Divine! Thank you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive