Welcome to my site!

Welcome to my site!
I'm Cindy, and I love to cook! And, I love to eat... hence the size of my rear end! I come from a long line of cooks. My great great Grandmother was a cook in the original Harvey Houses. My grandmother Julia was an awesome cook, and my mom was incredible. I owe my skills to these great women. Especially my Mom who said this to me about making gravy... "Cindy Lynn, wallpaper paste is wallpaper paste & gravy is gravy. Never the two shall meet!" Shall we say my first experience at making gravy left a little bit to be desired! Thank the high heavens my cooking skills have improved since then! Enjoy!

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Apple, Gorgonzala & Pecans in Endive Cups

I got this idea from perusing all the delicious choices on Pinterest.  This was a wonderful choice as a light appetizer for our recent “dinner and a movie” with friends.  Very flavorful and satisfying.  Quick to make – and delightful to eat. The apple is tangy and the combination of that with the "bite" from the delicious gorgonzola and sweet & spicy pecans is ideal.  Enjoy!
 
Ingredients:
 
1 Granny Smith apple, cored and cut into ¼” dices
4 oz. crumbly Gorgonzola cheese
2 ½ oz. Sweet & Spicy Pecans – chopped (From Trader Joe’s.  They come in a 5 ounce bag.  Use approximately half the bag – or a little more or less – depending on your liking.)
2 Heaping Tablespoons Mayonnaise
1 ½ Tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
¼ teaspoon Salt
Fresh Ground Pepper to taste
3 Belgian Endives
 
Directions:
 
Place the mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt and pepper into a bowl.  Mix well to thoroughly combine.
 
Add the apple dices to the mayonnaise mixture and stir well.  Crumble the gorgonzola over the apples and add the chopped pecans.  Stir well to combine all the ingredients.
 
You could prefill the individual Endive cups and arrange on a plate or platter.  Or you could place into a bowl and arrange the Endive cups around it, allowing everyone to serve them. 
 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive