Welcome to my site!

Welcome to my site!
I'm Cindy, and I love to cook! And, I love to eat... hence the size of my rear end! I come from a long line of cooks. My great great Grandmother was a cook in the original Harvey Houses. My grandmother Julia was an awesome cook, and my mom was incredible. I owe my skills to these great women. Especially my Mom who said this to me about making gravy... "Cindy Lynn, wallpaper paste is wallpaper paste & gravy is gravy. Never the two shall meet!" Shall we say my first experience at making gravy left a little bit to be desired! Thank the high heavens my cooking skills have improved since then! Enjoy!

Sunday, May 17, 2015

Roasted Cauliflower

My niece Erin introduced me to Roasted Cauliflower last Thanksgiving.  It was delightful and I wondered why I had never tried to roast cauliflower before.  This is super easy and quick.  It’s very delicious and good for you!
 
Ingredients:
 
1 head cauliflower, washed and cut into florets
Good Quality Olive Oil
Black Truffle Salt
 
Directions:
 
Preheat oven to 400°.
 
Wash and cut cauliflower into florets; place into a bowl.  Drizzle Olive Oil over the cauliflower and toss to coat.  Sprinkle Truffle Salt over and toss well to coat.
 
Turn out onto a baking sheet; I like to use the kind with an edge to prevent spills in the oven and I use a Silpat to keep the cauliflower from sticking to the baking sheet – plus it makes for easier clean up.
 
Place baking sheet in oven and bake for about 20 minutes.  Start checking the cauliflower at about the 15 minute mark to be sure it’s not burning.  Take it out when it looks good to you. 
 
You can garnish with some fresh chives or parsley, if desired.  Unfortunately, I didn’t have any when I took the picture above.  They don’t really add much in the way of flavor – it’s just more for visual appeal.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive