Welcome to my site!

Welcome to my site!
I'm Cindy, and I love to cook! And, I love to eat... hence the size of my rear end! I come from a long line of cooks. My great great Grandmother was a cook in the original Harvey Houses. My grandmother Julia was an awesome cook, and my mom was incredible. I owe my skills to these great women. Especially my Mom who said this to me about making gravy... "Cindy Lynn, wallpaper paste is wallpaper paste & gravy is gravy. Never the two shall meet!" Shall we say my first experience at making gravy left a little bit to be desired! Thank the high heavens my cooking skills have improved since then! Enjoy!

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Jalapeno Lemon Drop

I love Lemon Drops – especially when the weather gets warm they are so refreshing!  We recently saw a recipe for Jalapeno Lemon Drops, which called for Jalapeno infused Vodka.  I wanted one so badly, but didn’t have Jalapeno infused Vodka – nor did I want to take the week or two necessary to make my own.  SO, I had the brilliant idea to make Jalapeno Simple Syrup and use THAT in the my normal lemon drop recipe.  It turned out amazing!!  I think you’re going to LOVE this one.  Just the right amount of spicy combined with the perfect lemony sweetness.  So amazing!
 
Ingredients:
 
3 oz. Vodka (good quality top shelf preferred)
1 1/2 oz fresh lemon juice
1 oz jalapeno simple syrup (recipe follows)
1 oz orange juice

Directions:

Shake all in a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Pour into two frozen martini glasses. Garnish with a jalapeno slice, or lemon twist. YUM!

Simple Syrup Recipe
1 cup sugar
½ cup water
1 jalapeno, seeded and rough chopped
 
In a small blender, like a Bullet, add sugar and jalapeno.  Whirl until the jalapeno is finely chopped and sugar has turned green.  Add a little bit of the water to help it combine.
 
Place the sugar mixture with the remaining water in a saucepan.  Bring to boil and cook until sugar dissolved.  Allow to cool to room temperature.  Strain through a mesh sieve to separate chunks and fiber of jalapeno.
 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive