Welcome to my site!

Welcome to my site!
I'm Cindy, and I love to cook! And, I love to eat... hence the size of my rear end! I come from a long line of cooks. My great great Grandmother was a cook in the original Harvey Houses. My grandmother Julia was an awesome cook, and my mom was incredible. I owe my skills to these great women. Especially my Mom who said this to me about making gravy... "Cindy Lynn, wallpaper paste is wallpaper paste & gravy is gravy. Never the two shall meet!" Shall we say my first experience at making gravy left a little bit to be desired! Thank the high heavens my cooking skills have improved since then! Enjoy!

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Tiger Prawns

CostCo had some gorgeous Black Tiger Prawns last week. I got 16 of them, just slightly over a pound. I knew that I didn’t want to fuss with them very much, and I wanted them to retain their natural sweetness and succulence. So, I prepared them very simply. Easy, quick and delicious – what more could you want in a meal. I served these as an accompaniment to tri-tip steak. They were devoured quite quickly.

Ingredients:

1 lb. tiger prawns – deveined, shelled, tail off
1 Tbls olive oil
1 Tbls butter
1 garlic clove, crushed
Lawry’s Seasoning Salt
Fresh Lime juice


Directions
:


Clean and rinse the shrimp; pat dry. Lightly sprinkle one side of the shrimp with the seasoning salt.

Heat a nonstick skillet; add olive oil, butter and garlic.

Place shrimp, seasoned side down, in skillet. Lightly sprinkle other side of shrimp with the seasoning salt.

Cook until shrimp begin to turn pink, should only take a couple of minutes. Turn and cook other side. Be careful not to overcook, otherwise the shrimp will be tough and chewy.

Squeeze ½ a lime over the shrimp just before removing from the pan. Place shrimp in serving dish, pour pan juices over all and enjoy.

Tiger Prawns on Foodista

Tiger Prawns

CostCo had some gorgeous Black Tiger Prawns last week. I ...

See Tiger Prawns on Key Ingredient.

3 comments:

irish daisies said...

oh they look good my recipe is almost the same except I'm a marylander we use old bay on everything :)
oh you are so lucky to swim with the turtles :) I hope u r having a great weekend

Columbo said...

Delicious, awesome, loved them.

Donna-FFW said...

These look delicious. I love the way you made them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive