Welcome to my site!

Welcome to my site!
I'm Cindy, and I love to cook! And, I love to eat... hence the size of my rear end! I come from a long line of cooks. My great great Grandmother was a cook in the original Harvey Houses. My grandmother Julia was an awesome cook, and my mom was incredible. I owe my skills to these great women. Especially my Mom who said this to me about making gravy... "Cindy Lynn, wallpaper paste is wallpaper paste & gravy is gravy. Never the two shall meet!" Shall we say my first experience at making gravy left a little bit to be desired! Thank the high heavens my cooking skills have improved since then! Enjoy!

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Creamy Curried Mushroom Soup

No picture today. It’s really difficult to take an appealing photo of mushroom soup. … and we can’t possibly post an unappealing photo – now can we? On the mushrooms you can use whatever type of mushrooms you like – fresh or dried.

Ingredients:

½ white onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic chopped
2 Tbls. Olive Oil
8 oz white mushrooms, I buy pre-cut
8 oz crimini mushrooms, rough chopped
2 cups dried shitaki mushrooms, soaked in hot water to reconstitute
2 Tbls curry powder
4 Tbls flour
4 cups nonfat milk
1 – 1 ½ cups chicken broth
Salt & Pepper to taste

Directions:

Warm the oil in a soup pot; add onion and garlic. Saute for about 5 minutes; add the 8 oz of white mushrooms. Saute until mushrooms become cooked.

Add the curry powder and the flour to the pan. Cook for a moment and then begin to add the milk. Add a little at a time to completely combine the flour and curry powder. Once the milk has been added, add the chicken broth. Bring to a simmer.

Remove soup from pot and place in blender. Blend until smooth; return to pot. Add the crimini and shitaki mushrooms. Cook for 10 – 15 minutes.

Salt & pepper to taste and enjoy!

1 comment:

Columbo said...

Super tasting, I loved it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive