Welcome to my site!

Welcome to my site!
I'm Cindy, and I love to cook! And, I love to eat... hence the size of my rear end! I come from a long line of cooks. My great great Grandmother was a cook in the original Harvey Houses. My grandmother Julia was an awesome cook, and my mom was incredible. I owe my skills to these great women. Especially my Mom who said this to me about making gravy... "Cindy Lynn, wallpaper paste is wallpaper paste & gravy is gravy. Never the two shall meet!" Shall we say my first experience at making gravy left a little bit to be desired! Thank the high heavens my cooking skills have improved since then! Enjoy!

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Root Beer Float

photo from foodchannel.com

Delicious, refreshing, and sweet... Root Beer Floats! I love them! Haven't had one in ages and then the craving hit me. I looked in the freezer and found some vanilla ice cream, and there was a can of diet A & W Root Beer in the fridge. While certainly not "low-cal", I don't feel quite as guilty as if I was using regular root beer. Of course, that was a week ago. I've since gone through an entire half gallon of vanilla ice cream and countless ounces of diet root beer. Feeling guilty now???? A little. But, oh so satisfied!

No recipe here to speak of.... You know how to make one!

3 comments:

Donna-FFW said...

WE love them too and looking at yours has me craving one big time!

Columbo said...

I have had my fair share the last few weeks.

nolablossom said...

Down here in the south, we call them "black cows".

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive