Welcome to my site!

Welcome to my site!
I'm Cindy, and I love to cook! And, I love to eat... hence the size of my rear end! I come from a long line of cooks. My great great Grandmother was a cook in the original Harvey Houses. My grandmother Julia was an awesome cook, and my mom was incredible. I owe my skills to these great women. Especially my Mom who said this to me about making gravy... "Cindy Lynn, wallpaper paste is wallpaper paste & gravy is gravy. Never the two shall meet!" Shall we say my first experience at making gravy left a little bit to be desired! Thank the high heavens my cooking skills have improved since then! Enjoy!

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Garlic Rosemary Beef Tenderloin

Beef Tenderloin. Mmm Mmm good! So tasty and delicious. If you're not "wild" about rosemary and garlic, you could season the tenderloin as you like. The trick is the roasting method; high temperature and fairly quick. So moist and tender - it just melts in your mouth.

Ingredients:

Beef Tenderloin
Salt & Pepper
Garlic Cloves
Fresh Rosemary

Directions:

Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.

Take the tenderloin out of the fridge. Let it stand at room temperature for about 30 minutes.

Using a mini chopper make a paste out of garlic cloves and fresh rosemary. Use enough garlic and rosemary to make enough paste to rub over the tenderloin. I used 5 cloves of garlic and the leaves from a 12” – 16” stalk of rosemary.

Rinse the tenderloin and pat it dry. Place the tenderloin on a baking sheet. Rub the garlic and rosemary over the tenderloin; season with salt and pepper.

Roast in the oven for exactly 22 minutes for rare and 25 minutes for medium-rare. (According the Ina Garten, the Barefoot Contessa)

Remove the tenderloin from the oven. Allow beef to stand for about 20 minutes before slicing.

Note: I made some Bearnaise sauce to drizzle over the beef. My secret? Knorr packaged Bearnaise sauce. It’s FANTASTIC!

2 comments:

5Youngers said...

my mouth is watering right now.... YUMMY

Columbo said...

I love the way it tasted. Exceptionally tasty. I highly recommend this recipe.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive