Welcome to my site!

Welcome to my site!
I'm Cindy, and I love to cook! And, I love to eat... hence the size of my rear end! I come from a long line of cooks. My great great Grandmother was a cook in the original Harvey Houses. My grandmother Julia was an awesome cook, and my mom was incredible. I owe my skills to these great women. Especially my Mom who said this to me about making gravy... "Cindy Lynn, wallpaper paste is wallpaper paste & gravy is gravy. Never the two shall meet!" Shall we say my first experience at making gravy left a little bit to be desired! Thank the high heavens my cooking skills have improved since then! Enjoy!

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Red Raspberry Jam

Raspberry Jam is my FAVORITE kind of jam.  Love it!  Since I've ventured into the world of canning this summer, it seemed natural that I would try raspberry jam. 

I learned a few things along the way - like, when the recipe says "don't double the recipe" - you really shouldn't double it.  My jam didn't firm up the first time.  Luckily I found a solution, after the fact.  But, that involved having to open all the jars and use something called "liquid cement" - and then reprocess all of the jars.  So, it's like I had to make the jam twice.  Lesson learned!

I opted to use frozen raspberries for the jam; the recipe says to let them thaw first.  The jam is delicious!  I had anticipated giving some of these jars away as Christmas presents.  I have a feeling not too many of these jars are going to be leaving my house.  YUMMY!

Here's a link to the recipe I used.  It really was quite easy and very delicious!

5 comments:

Salem Man said...

How do I get on your Christmas list?

Laura said...

Yummy, yummy!!

Columbo said...

Absolutely fabulous!

smc said...

How delicious that jam will be through the winter!

leyla said...

When I first saw this post, I thought "where in the world did she get raspberries this late?" I really wish I had frozen some of ours before the season ended.

And then I saw you used frozen fruit :)

I'm not a cook, but I love canning....I spent so much time canning with my mom growing up. Have fun in your canning adventures!

PS. I found your blog on salemites...I'm local and can probably answer most any canning question you have (I could have reiterated the importance of not doubling jam recipes and saved you the extra work :) Anyway, if you have questions, I'd love to help out.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive