Welcome to my site!

Welcome to my site!
I'm Cindy, and I love to cook! And, I love to eat... hence the size of my rear end! I come from a long line of cooks. My great great Grandmother was a cook in the original Harvey Houses. My grandmother Julia was an awesome cook, and my mom was incredible. I owe my skills to these great women. Especially my Mom who said this to me about making gravy... "Cindy Lynn, wallpaper paste is wallpaper paste & gravy is gravy. Never the two shall meet!" Shall we say my first experience at making gravy left a little bit to be desired! Thank the high heavens my cooking skills have improved since then! Enjoy!

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Fresh Salsa

Our family really enjoys Mexican food. We love salsa, and prefer fresh to bottled. My son eats salsa a lot. He would rather have chips and salsa after school - than cookies and milk. So, here is my recipe for "fresh" salsa. I say "fresh" with quotations around it, because I use a few cans in here. But, it tastes fresh and using the cans allows for a quick treat.

Ingredients:

1 - 15 oz can diced tomatoes
½ white onion finely chopped
1 can Herdez green salsa
Handful of chopped fresh cilantro
2 garlic cloves, finely minced
½ of a fresh jalapeno – depending upon how spicy you like the salsa – remove the seeds if you like it less spicy, use even less of the jalapeno (or none) if you don’t like spicy
1 tsp cumin
½ tsp salt
2 tsp lemon juice

Directions:

I usually use my small food processor to make this salsa. It really cuts down on the chopping and the amount of work involved in making the salsa.

In food processor put peeled garlic, cilantro, jalapeno and rough chopped onion. Pulse off and on until everything is chopped to your liking. Remove and place in bowl.

Put tomatoes in the food processor and blend. I like to completely blend my tomatoes, but if you prefer to have chunks of tomatoes – pulse the processor off and on until the consistency is to your liking. Add to bowl.

Add the Herdez, lemon juice, cumin and salt. Stir to combine. Let salsa sit for several hours to overnight for flavors to blend. Serve with chips and enjoy. An added margarita would even be better!

Fresh Salsa

Here's an easy recipe for a fresh salsa that ...

See Fresh Salsa on Key Ingredient.

4 comments:

Laura said...

YUMMO!!!!!

Columbo said...

Love your salsa! Awesome.

La Bella Cooks said...

I love how fresh it looks. Salsa is always better homemade, in my opinion.

foodbin said...

sure is a good dip with chips

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive