I've adapted this recipe from several different sources. It's quite good, at least my family and I think so! Wonderful Chicken & Broccoli in a spicy garlic sauce.
If you prefer different vegetables, or not as much garlic or spice, you can adapt this recipe to your liking. I prefer to keep it simple with the broccoli and onions... but you could add peppers, zucchini, carrots or celery too.
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 heads of broccoli, washed and cut into bite size florets (plus or minus depending upon your taste)
1 white onion, sliced or chopped - depending upon your preference
2 Tbls Sesame Oil
3 Tbls corn starch
1/2 c Sake (if you don't want to use the alcohol - substitute chicken broth)
1 Tbls crushed garlic
1 Tbls Chili Garlic sauce
6 Tbls soy sauce
6 Tbls Oyster sauce (I like to use the spicy type)
1 c Chicken broth
1. Thinly slice the chicken breasts diagonally, across the grain.
2. Place the cornstarch in a bowl; add sake & stir to combine. Add other sauce ingredients; mix well.
3. Heat oil in a large skillet or pan that has a lid. Add onions to heated pan and stir fry until they begin to wilt.
4. Add chicken and stir fry until the chicken just begins to cook.
5. Add broccoli (or other vegies if using). Give a stir and place lid on pan to allow broccoli to steam and chicken to finish cooking.
6. Remove lid and add sauce mix. Stir and cook until sauce thickens.
7. Serve over cooked rice.