Oh My! I got this recipe from my new friend, Christine, in New Orleans. She runs the GumboYaYaBaby blog. I knew the recipe sounded yummy, but when I tried it today - my expectations were so blown away. This is FANTASTIC. Christine's recipe calls for crawfish, which is not readily available in Oregon. So, I substituted shrimp. Get ready to have your socks knocked off by this very tasty chowder!
1 medium onion, chopped
1 bunch of green onions, sliced
1 bell pepper, chopped finely
1 lb. shrimp or if you can get them - crawfish tails
1 stick butter
2 bouillon cubes (I used Chicken, Christine uses Vegetable)
2 cans cream corn
4 cans cream of potato soup
1 qt. milk to thin
2 tsp Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning
Salt, pepper to taste
1. Melt butter in large pan.
2. Saute onions & bell peppers in butter. Add 1 tsp of Tony’s.
3. Add shrimp or crawfish before onions are completely wilted. Stir to combine.
4. Add remaining ingredients, including second tsp. of Tony's.
5. Add more milk if necessary to thin.