Welcome to my site!

Welcome to my site!
I'm Cindy, and I love to cook! And, I love to eat... hence the size of my rear end! I come from a long line of cooks. My great great Grandmother was a cook in the original Harvey Houses. My grandmother Julia was an awesome cook, and my mom was incredible. I owe my skills to these great women. Especially my Mom who said this to me about making gravy... "Cindy Lynn, wallpaper paste is wallpaper paste & gravy is gravy. Never the two shall meet!" Shall we say my first experience at making gravy left a little bit to be desired! Thank the high heavens my cooking skills have improved since then! Enjoy!

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Lemon Drop Cocktail

There is an Italian Restaurant in Portland, called Pazzo's. Great food and a wonderful cocktail called a Lemon Drop. I've created my own version which we enjoy on sultry summer days, and any time we want to "taste summer".

Ingredients: (serves 2)
3 oz. Citron Vodka
1 1/2 oz fresh lemon juice
1 oz simple syrup (recipe follows)
1 oz orange juice

Directions:

Shake all in a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Pour into two martini glasses that have been rimmed with sugar. Garnish with a lemon wedge or twist. YUM!

Simple Syrup Recipe
Bring 1/2 cup water to a boil in saucepan. Add 1 cup sugar. Continue cooking until sugar dissolves. Let cool to room temperature.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Columbo said...

Love your version of the Lemon Drop. I can't have just one....

Lynette said...

Looks supremely delicious!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive